Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Then and Now

Do you remember Give Thanks?  I thought the black frame looked a little harsh and considered painting the frame.  But I love the black!  Not to mention that black works so well with many designs. 


So today I present the new and improved version...
 No doubt the black frame will reappear in the future :) The green (not yellow) rick rack has washed out a little in the picture.


Remember Moonlit Garden? Another one where the frame just kept bothering me.


Ta Da!  Another much better version!  This frame came off my bedroom wall and the Mary Engelbreit print that was in it must find a new home.


Another unfinished project below!


Here it is today!  This was my first time using chenille trim and I love the look!


And a peek at the inside...


Pincushions are still an interest (and an upcoming exchange). Here's the latest before-



And the after!  This turned out better than I thought. The new sewing machine slows me down a bit and I have to re-teach myself how to thread it each time I use it, but I'll catch on.


Mary Hannah Gipson was languishing in the finished pile.


Here she is! The frame was a thrift store find and the mat was actually cut off center.  I still like the way she looks. There are some red tones in the frame that set off the red thread in Mary. Sorry for the awkward angle of the photo. The glare was a problem this morning.


 Well, what else have I been doing to keep busy you ask?  Well, here are 7 quarts of apple pie filling. Not pictured is 6 pints of applesauce.  And today's business is apple butter!


14 comments:

Siobhán said...

Wow, amazing stuff!! Teresa, everything looks fantastic--great choices on the redos, and I love the pincushions. I need to get my machine out and do some finishing, but I always want to stitch instead. LOL Apple pie filling and apple butter--yum yum yum.

Penny said...

What a great way to finish Give Thanks and I love the frame change on Moonlit Garden! Your finished box looks lovely too. I love apple butter! :)

Christine said...

Great stitching and finishing, I love the new frame on moonlit garden

SoCal Debbie said...

Wow! You really have been busy. I think the new frame choices are great!

Myra said...

Wow! I love what you did with Give Thanks and the frame changes really look great. Your pincushion finish is just perfect too. You have been a busy little bee. :o)

Wonky Girl said...

Your stitching is wonderful, I always enjoy visiting to see what you have been working on.
What kind of apples for pie filling and sauce did you choose?

Maggee said...

What a great blogpost! So many finishes and frame jobs to see! You have a good eye for framing in just the right colors! Hugs!

natalysneedle said...

Wow, you have been BUSY! I love the new frames and your many finishes. Beautiful!

Ranae said...

Wow! everything looks so awesome.
I love the choice of changes you made.
Gotta love those BBD boxes
Take care!!

Linda Klinedinst said...

I love your Stitching...I also stitched Moonlit Garden by Blackbird Designs....I have this one hanging up in my living room.

Brigitte said...

Wow, wow and wow. Isn't it incredible what a frame can make out of a stitched piece? I love both new versions of Give Thanks and the Moonlit Garden. And the other finished pieces are so gorgeous!

Giovanna said...

Love your choices of new frames, and the finishes in general - congrats!

PamE said...

I need to get on some finishing. Yours looks great! My stuff always looks so homemade.

Tatkis said...

All finishes are so beautiful! Love the box and the first one (with black frame)

Hugs,
Tatyana