Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Crabapple Hill Saturday & Garage Sale Friday

I attended a class with Meg of Crabapple Hill Studios on Saturday.
Here are the two designs we were given. We could stitch on either one.  I haven't seen these designs before and am not sure if they are a future release.
This is the one I chose-


Here is how mine looked at the end of class-


Below is the other choice.  Both were finished as small wallhangings. These designs use a coloring technique with crayons.  Am I the only one who has not heard of it before? 


Did I mention that I won a door prize?  (Yes, that makes 3 door prizes in the last month! Why do I go for years and never win one?? Then, bada boom, 3 in a row)


Here are the towels all stitched up from Meg's show and tell-


Since I am not a big Halloween fan, I came home and dug thru my stash and look what I found. Guess which design will go on the towels :)


Check out the new Crabapple Hill design that Meg passed out to all attendees-Harvest Hopscotch! (sorry for the crappy pics)


Here is some show and tell-


This one was my favorite-


This one was an amalgam of two of Meg's Christmas/winter designs-really cute!


A wonderful time was had by all.  It was my first class thru my LQS and I found out that they have an "eat every 2 hours" rule.  Oh, my!

Do you remember this framed duck picture that I got at a garage sale last summer? (yes, the ducks are cross-stitched)  I was planning to put Le Printemps in it. But, once I got it home, it looked too old-fashioned.


On Friday I went to a garage sale and bought a wonderful, large teal frame for $4. Look what fit in it perfectly!  Now where to hang it? It's a good problem to have :)


Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I appreciate each and every one of you. Your comments make my day.

12 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I love the spotted fabric which you chose to stitch on - it really sets off the piece. I so enjoyed reading this post, thanks for sharing.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I didn't realise that Le Printemps was so big! looks great in that frame - so fresh! Looks like you got quite a bit of work done on your Crabapple Hill piece and it is looking very pretty - I have heard of drawing on fabric with crayon before a long time ago now tho I have never tried it myself - if I remember correctly you basically use crayon to colour in your embroidery and stitch around it - am I right?

Margaret said...

So nice! Looks like a fun class! And another door prize! Congrats! Love that frame you got for Le Printemps!!! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

great, really great stuff!! :D
lucky you to get to work on such delightful projects.. with Meg!!
happy xxx!
chiara

Chris said...

What an awesome class. Your project looks wonderful. Congrats on the door prize too.
That teal frame is perfect! Have you hung her up?
Have a great week!

Giovanna said...

Very pretty stitching, and well done on the frame for Printemps - great find!

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, wonderful to see all these stitched and quilted pieces.
I also have some of Crabapple Hill's patterns but they are all bags.

Mindi said...

I'm just a little bit jealous you went to the Crabapple Hill retreat! I just started working on her Witche's Hat design, and have a few others. I've heard of the crayon tinting, but don't really understand how to do it and haven't been brave enough to try.

Beth in IL said...

Lucky you! Love all the designs.

Penny said...

I'm not familiar with crayon tinting, but it's pretty! It sounds like it was a fun retreat! I love the little snowman Christmas design! That's a pretty frame for your Le Printemps piece!

Carol said...

You are really on a winning streak, Teresa--maybe it's time to play the lottery :) I love the frame you got for Le Printemps--what a wonderful find :)

SoCal Debbie said...

Your frame for Le Printemps is perfect! What a great find!