Not a lot of stitching got done this week.
Last week I was slicing raw carrots on my new mandolin to put them in the dehydrator **Good news- there was many, many carrots from the garden this year**
With only about 1/2 of the carrots done, yes, I sliced two of my fingers! It isn't a cut like with a knife where there are 2 edges to draw together and put in a stitch. It is like being skinned! Therefore, no pictures of the injuries! The cuts are getting better, slowly but surely. But it is difficult to stitch or type because the cuts are on the tips of my fingers. Luckily my beginner's quilting class is on a 2 week break.
Here is the little I have worked on-
Sweet Blossoms-class pre-work
Fabric and threads from kit
The pre-work is finished and I wanted you to see what I decided to do for the flowers. They are a combination of the called-for buttonhole flowers (for the larger ones) and small dusty pink buttons (for the smaller ones).
I am pleased with the results. AND pleased that I am ready for all three classes in Nov!
Alpha Designs Series
I decide to work towards the bottom then go back and work to the top of the fabric. I did make one thread change-orange 722 to orange 921. It looks so much better!
Hopefully my fingers will be feeling better by this weekend and I'll be able to finish the final 13 squares of my first "real" quilt :)
Have a great week!