I want to bring you up-to-date with the final happenings at my home for 2012.
Here is the last of my advent exchange with Lorrie at A Stitcher's Snippets--
Day 23-a hand-stitched pocket AND a stitch starter
Day 24-a beautiful box with a hand-stitched top with a pattern I have admired a lot. Finished by Lorrie.
I love them both!
Here is the flip side of the pocket and the finished inside of the box with some extra pins and buttons.
To top all this off, Lorrie sent me an "extra" box of goodies-see below-
A table runner, a stitching kit that goes with the Hobby Lobby box with the drawer in it that I received earlier this month, two fabulous books, a "Baby It's Cold Outside" mug (I saw these on Beth's blog and love them!), pattern and fabric to make quilted potholders, a Just Nan kit, a silk gauze Christmas kit, and some simple quilting kits (thanks, Lorrie, you know I need simple).
Well, I am humbled and overwhelmed with the generosity of this whole exchange. I am so glad I asked Lorrie to do this!!
My DH gave me this new light for Christmas--it was on my Amazon wish list but I was completely surprised!
DD #2 got me this beautiful necklace made by Nina. It so much prettier in real life than the photo shows it to be. The blue thread is an overdye.
Birds of a Feather
Night Before Christmas
1998 JCS Ornament Issue
Mystery piece of pale blue linen
Called for WDW threads, GAST Midnight, and a few DMC substitutions
I am ahead for my 2013 ornament exchanges!. This will be my final finish for 2012. I saw this ornament finished on Summer's blog and just had to stitch it.
Quilt Block A finished
Little Amber finally got her quilt for Christmas. Here is the final product with the ric-rac on it and the binding all finished. I also put a label on the back that says
Let's hope the next baby quilt doesn't take me a year to complete :)
What happened stitching-wise in 2012?
1. Completed the 2012 Crazy January Challenge
2. Attended 3 retreats
3. Attended and volunteered in my first regional seminar.
4. Traveled to AZ for 3 stitching classes with Merry Cox (first time I flew to a class)
5. Expanded my horizons with a foray into quilting, took a beginner's class and made 2 quilts
6. Stepped up and volunteered for the treasurer's position in my local EGA chapter
7. Participated in my first advent exchange with Lorrie
8. Began the first annual family ornament exchange
9. Participated in a family Round Robin-first one for me
10. Finished 2 WIP's-Le Printemps and Quaker Hornbook
11. Participated in 2 SAL's and 1 Mystery Sampler (none are finished though)
12. Finished stitching 65 items-a new personal high!
Altogether 2012 was a remarkable year for me stitching-wise.
I'll post again before the new year with plans for 2013
Looking forward to see what you are planning for 2013!