Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer Stitching Update

Happy Belated 4th of July!
We had a quiet night here.  And spent the long weekend working outside.  My garden is going great guns.  I'm not getting as many strawberries as usual.  So it's probably time to move the bed. The pea pods, lettuce, and green beans are already coming on and I am busy canning. Here is yesterday's results.
 

As many of you know I have been working on Crabapple Hill's Gardener's Alphabet quilt.  Here is a photo of what it will look like resemble someday :)



Here is an old photo of what some of the blocks looked like after I finished coloring them with crayons and before I stitched them.

 
Here is what I have finished so far.  Please forgive the wrinkles-






The following three blocks are the ones I finished recently-
 





 And I have traced the next four letters I-L-


I also finished the Spring Crabapple Hill retreat project-


And I finished the Summer Crabapple Hill retreat project-


Here is new start #1-Wooden Spool Designs Pear Medley.  It was a class at my LQS and Debbie Busby came to teach it.  She is a good teacher and her classes are very enjoyable.  I think she is coming back for another class in November.


Here is how far I got during the class-



Here is new start #2-Crabapple Hill Sunflower Stitchery Holder


Here is what it should resemble when I finish it-
 


Then it folds up into a holder with a pocket inside.
 
That's it for now.  Have a great weekend!


11 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching update my dear..
Sending you hugs x

Sheryl said...

It's going to be lovely

gracie said...

Do you need to heat set the crayon colors or are they special for fabric. I just bought pigma pens but have not tried them yet. Love the square so far.

Barb said...

The projects are all so very pretty!

Margaret said...

I'm in love with the Crabapple Hill alphabet piece. So beautiful! So how do you color in with crayon? Real crayon?? Anyway, beautiful projects, all of them!

Blu said...

All your stitching looks so fantastic. I love the coloured/stitched combination. It gives it such a unique look.

Annette-California said...

What a fun post. I loved seeing all your incredible blocks you've finished for your quilt. WOW lovely felt progress on Pear Melody! That takes time. Very pretty projects you have. love Annette

Linda said...

Gorgeous.

Ann said...

Your fingers have been flying! All the projects look gorgeous--what pretty work!

Anne said...

What a beautiful quilt and coloured with pencils too! Each block is a little bit of joy to look at. Will you be hanging it or putting it on your bed?!

Dani - tkdchick said...


That quilt is going to be spectacular!