Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

No Snow OR Cold Temps, But Winter Colds Come Anyway!

Yes, it's true.  No snow or cold temperatures here in the Pacific NW.  I can't even imagine 5 ft of snow!  I will stick with our early spring, 50-60 temps and sunshine today.
 
But, even without the winter weather, winter colds are making their way around the population and I have been suffering thru my share. As usual the GD's were happy to share their colds with me.
I have been stitching and caught up on the Shepherd's Bush Fold series.  Here is my pincushion finish.
 

Here is the scissor fob finish-front and back. 

 
As I mentioned in my last post, I had to completely frog a new sampler start due to not paying attention to the orientation of the fabric. I started a rectangular sampler the wrong direction on the fabric!   Luckily I had been questioning whether I even liked it and decided to start some other things instead of restarting the same sampler.
 
Here are my new starts.  Click on the pics for a better view-
 
Start #1-A 15 sided biscornu SAL with my local EGA chapter-
 

Notice the Seahawk colors :)
 
Start #2-Shepherd's Bush Fold needlebook-

 
Start #3-Sara Guermani Christmas Snowfalls (Italian Designer)


Start #4-Rosewood Manor Cornwall Sampler-
ok-not technically a new start but there was basically only one line of cross stitches


Here is what it will look similar to eventually (I hope)-


I am getting close to another blogoversary and will be having a giveaway soon!  Those of you battling cold weather and snow-keep warm!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Some really pretty stitching! We are coming home tomorrow if we don't get stuck in Nashville. It is freezing down here!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Really pretty. We are having some bad weather here. Lots of ice.

Linda said...

Awesome starts Teresa.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

Ooh, I like everything so can't comment on any one stitch as my favorite of the group! I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. Feel better soon!

Justine said...

I love everything too! I'll be very interested to see the 15 sided biscornu as I was gifted a chart of one last year.

Anonymous said...

This a lovely selection of work. I like the basket sampler particularly. You just get so weary with cold and flu don't you? Here's hoping you feel better soon. Irene xxx

Marilyn said...

All great starts and projects.
Cornwall is a pretty piece.
Hope you feel better soon.
Marilyn

Thoeria said...

Oh lovely lovely stitching! Seeing your 15 sided biscornu just reminded me that I started one about 2 years ago.....hmmmm....I really should go dig it up!

D1-D2 said...

I really like Cornwall Sampler, it will look amazing when its finished. I've been seeing a lot of stitchers using that polk-a-dot gray fabric. Where do you get it?

Margaret said...

Love all the stitching! So pretty! What a bummer about the colds though.

Beth in IL said...

Good job on your finishes. Hope you are over your cold. Love the new sampler

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Stitching looks great! Love the Rosewood Manor picture!

Stasi said...

Love the Shepherds Bush--I have to get cracking on mine! The Basket sampler is gorgeous! A question about the "dot" fabric-- I love the look of it but wondered if it was easy..or hard on the eyes?

Maggee said...

Those are all beautiful projects! The Cornwall Sampler is one I have never seen, and really look forward to seeing you progress! I would not even attempt that, so will live vicariously through your stitches! Hugs!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. The Cornwall Sampler is really pretty.

KimM said...

What lovely projects - they are all so sweet. Hope you feel better soon. Take care -
xxx

Kerri said...

That Rosewood Manor piece is stunning. All your finishes are lovely!