Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

August Already

July went by like a whirl!  But I did get caught up on the Round Robin samplers I had.  I finished the final two samplers in my round of the Northwest Sampler Guild.  Now I am expecting 3 more samplers from the EGA Round Robin, but one lady is moving and at least 1 sampler (not mine) got packed!  So not sure when I'll see that one.
 
Here is what else has been happening-
 

New Start-Laura Perin Red White & Blue Panel
I'm stitching it upside down right now :)
 
 

 Finish #1-With Thy Needle & Thread Stars & Stripes
 

 
Finish #2 Just Nan Hop 
 
 

Finish #3 Jeannette Douglas Bird Box.  The finished mini biscornu is in the box-top left.  The mini pincushions are at the bottom.
 


New Stash-Gorgeous sturdy Thread Catcher from Curry Bungalow on Etsy






 
Back from the Finisher-Gay Ann Rogers Samples
I included a photo of the back so you could see the little stand that my finisher uses. 
 
 

Framed by DH with a standard 5 x 7 frame in my stash-Birds of a Feather Land That I Love
 

Now it is time for At Willow Tree Pond's Believe It or Not--
 
Do you like my Nancy Cucci Amazing Greys?  I didn't list it as a finish, because it isn't. 

One recent night I was busy listing consignment items on ebay, got distracted and started surfing around.  I saw a listing with no picture and the description said "GREY GEOMETRIC BOXES"  And Nancy Cucci immediately came to mind and I clicked on the auction.  There was a photo on the auction page and yes, it was exactly what I thought--but not the kit.  It was the finished project! And it was ---Buy It Now for $42!!  My hand was shaking.  I am not kidding!

Not only was it a finished Amazing Greys, but when I got it , the stitching is beautifully done. Laid properly, just wonderful! The seller definitely didn't know what she/he had.  Do you think the stitcher passed away?  I mean, what else would allow such a thing to happen???
 
Now, who else has a bizarre story about ebay (or anywhere else for that matter)?

8 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Good to see you post. Looks like you have been busy. I have been to several auctions and estate sales with linens and cross stitch selling for next to nothing. So sad.

Robin in Virginia said...

What an excellent find in Amazing Greys! Your finishes are lovely and I look forward to seeing your finished Red White and Blue panel.

Robin in Virginia

Hazel said...

Beautiful stitching. Your finishes are lovely. xx

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching & finishes :) You have been busy!

Margaret said...

I love all your finishes! The WTNT piece is my favorite.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! I am in awe of all of your gorgeous finishes. I love the thread catcher.

Maggee said...

Great post!! It breaks my heart to see such a great stitched piece was for sale on Ebay... so glad YOU got it!! I have not come across any such 'stitched' masterpieces, but I have many other great 'finds' that people obviously don't know what they had! My gain! All of your finishes are so finely done. When you say hubby framed a piece--does he lace it and all that or just make the frame for you? Just wondering... And I like that built-in stand on your Gay Ann Rogers Sampler... is it thin wood or cardboard/foam board? Again, just wondering... Thanks for sharing so many wonderful things! Hugs!

KimM said...

I'm so glad you were the lucky bidder who got the box. We stitchers know how much effort - and love - go into each and every piece we stitch. It now has a good home -
xxx
P.S. GREAT FINISHES!!!!