Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

January Update

I can't believe how fast this first month of 2016 has passed!
I have been busy stitching and working.  Here are my stitching finishes-


Good Intentions
Kathy Barrick


Renaissance Designs
12 Days of Christmas #10

 
DD#1 called and told me there was going to be a craft day and it was going to be at my house.  I said ok.  This is what I ended up with-a ribbon tree. I have admired the trees that DD#1 made a couple of years ago.  We used Christmas ribbon from our stashes. It will look great on my mantle next Christmas!
 
 
 
I found this stitched Melissa Shirley canvas in November on a table at my EGA retreat in the Trash to Treasure room. I couldn't believe someone didn't want it.  There was a small inappropriate saying on the sign above the windows.  So I ripped out the stitching, replaced it and added a pin, and voila!  Ready for the finisher.
 
I also started three big projects-
 
 
Plum Street Samplers
The Flood
This ark is huge.  That is a 12" hoop.


 
Catherine Theron
The Hidden Magnolia Sampler
 
 
Hillside Samplings
Ann Tarbox
(Please excuse the horrid picture)
I have loved this sampler for a long time and thought I'd better get going.
 
There is one more large project to get going on this year. I'll share it next time.
Have a great weekend!
 
 

17 comments:

Sherry said...

I love all your finishes! I think Good Intentions would have to be my favorite! I may have to do that one some day. The ribbon tree is so cute. You are brave to start THREE big projects!!! Ann Tarbox is one of my WIPs that I hope to work on this year.

Ann said...

Love all your finishes and all your new starts! Can't wait to see how this year progresses.

Clare said...

You have been busy. Good Intentions would look lovely on a stitching bag :) Happy Stitching.

cucki said...

Love all your finishes and all your new starts
Big hugs x

Marilyn said...

Great choices for the new year.
The trash piece turned out nice.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

I've got to pull that Good Intentions out of my stash...right now!!!
All the pieces look great--you have been busy!

Robin in Virginia said...

Super finishes; that ribbon tree is very cool! I look forward to seeing your new starts take shape during the coming months. Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie said...

Your header picture is really neat! So is Good Intentions.

Thoeria said...

Fantastic finishes! Your ribbon tree is really really lovely! Good intentions made me chuckle......so me!

Cindy's Stitching said...

good Intentions is really pretty. the ribbon tree is so different, I never saw one before.

Maggee said...

You have some beautiful finishes! Good Intentions is terrific... don't think I have seen anyone else stitch it! Love the ribbon tree... going to hunt down how to make one for next year! And yes, that Ark is huge!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Blu said...

Love your finishes and new starts. That ribbon tree is so cute!

Margaret said...

Love seeing all your work. You have impeccable taste! Sorry I haven't sent you anything yet for ebay. I'm still planning to!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful finishes and great new projects, too!

Beth in IL said...

Love the finishes but you are tempting me with The Flood....Just what I need, another large project...

Veronica said...

Lovely finishes! Especially like the ribbon tree... Very unique. Quite a number of big WiPs you've going there too :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, everything is so beautiful!! I just ordered the Kathy Barrick pattern. <3