Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day and Another Finish!

Mom and Dad
Wedding Day Oct 30,1949
Both are 18 years old.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

Renaissance Designs
13 Days of Christmas-4th Day
Stitch guide by Pamela Harding
Called for Threads (Mostly)

Well, the stitcher's retreat worked! It got me working on a WIP and I finished it! Happy dance! Of course, this is 4th in a series of 13, so I still have a long way to go, but #5 is already out and on the stretcher bars ready to get started.

Once again, Pamela's stitch guide stretched my stitching ability. I had never tried a packed outline/stem stitch. And the holly leaves would have been sadly too straight without the able advice of the ladies from my table at retreat. Thanks, Carolyn and Edie! And check out the berries on the holly-another first for me. They are beads covered with thread and then attached to the canvas. They turned out really cute! Now off to the finisher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well the holly turned out very nice and curvy in all the right places! It's a gorgeous piece. Happy mother's day!

Carolyn NC said...

Love this piece - turned out great!