Here is the result. I used freezer paper for the first time to cut out my initial out of wool. Then I blanket stitched it to the background paisley fabric (don't look too close). That was probably the hardest part as the legs of the initial are only about 3/8" wide. For the first time I assembled an emery and stitched it onto the lining fabric. Stuffed with fiberfill and I feather-stitched around the outside seams. Voila! A primitive style pincushion and my first finish for 2011.
I did stitch more last night on the Summer House pincushion. I guess I am not quite over my year of the pincushion yet. :) AND because my heating pad cover was worn out about 2 years ago, I finally sat down and sewed up a new one yesterday. (The ironing board is up next for a re-cover.)