Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

First 2013 Finish + More!

 
Here I was... stitching along.... minding my own business... starting everything in sight.... when I just couldn't put this one down!
Yes, it is finished already--
Even the box is painted (Barn Door Red) and Briwaxed---
(picture is clickable)
 

Blackbird Designs
Casting A Spell/Joyeux Noel/Merry December
30ct Belfast linen
Various GAST & CC threads
 
I "borrowed" 2 designs from the Merry December stocking booklet, 2 designs from Joyeux Noel, and changed the colors on the designs from Casting A Spell.  The stitching went really quick, well, when I wasn't frogging or recounting :)


The Goode Huswif
Sarah Seifer
28ct mystery linen
DMC threads
Another new start and it is a small design, so I used the 28 ct linen.


Carriage House Samplings
Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow
40 ct LL Vintage Light Exemplar
HDF silk threads

Another executive decision--the Heart's Ease Maryland Sampler is just too large for me right now.  I might start it later this year, but for now I am substituting this one for it. Please excuse the hoop marks.
 
More border stitching, sigh.
 
I am definitely detecting a Christmas theme to my stitching starts this year.
1. Christmas box
2. Christmas at HRH
3. MSD Christmas Sampler
4. Stacy Nash Christmas at Hollyberry Farm
5. SL Mary Ann Hutton
6. SK Holiday Patches
7. RD 7 Snowmen Grinning
8. 2013 SAL de Maryse
And 3 ornaments I have already picked out.
Hmmmmm........

24 comments:

Catherine said...

Wonderful projects! Looking forward to seeing your box all finished!

Giovanna said...

Well done on the box, it will look wonderful. Great going on the other projects too.

Phyllis said...

I love what you did with Casting A Spell! The color you painted the box looks much better than the black. I have the box and chart and I have been hesitant to start because I didn't want the Halloween theme. I'm going to check out some of the other BBD and see what I can substitute.

gracie said...

Terrific stitching...

Peggy Lee said...

Excellent progress! You are an inspiration to us all.

Myra said...

Your box looks great. What a wonderful idea to change it up.

Barb said...

I love your box, that red is my favorite for projects. Love the stitching and also your choices for the year.

cucki said...

Wow I love all your stitching so much
And the box is so lovely too
Hugs x

Gabi said...

That box will look fantastic. Your choices for it are so lovely.
Love also your new projects

Vickie said...

Great choices for the Christmas box. Can't wait to see it all finished up.

Nicola said...

The Christmas Box is so beautiful I can understand that once you started you had to finish.

Margaret said...

Nice finishes on the box! Can't wait to see it all assembled! Nice starts too! Love the Christmas theme to your year so far!

natalysneedle said...

Congrats on the BBD Christmas Box finish! It will look fabulous. I think you have made great progress on your other two selections. Happy Stitching!

Siobhán said...

Fantastic projects! I'm trying to stick to doing some Christmas stitching this year, too. Your HRH is going to be amazing!

Chris said...

Wonderful projects. You Xmas box will be so lovely.
I understand how some projects can just be too huge to do at a certain time.

Maggee said...

NOW I get what you were doing with those pieces! It's going to look very nice--can't wait to see the finish! As to your Christmas theme--welcome to MY world! That is what I have planned... To finis 4 or 5 larger Christmas pieces this year, and stitch lots of bird charts. I started three of them last year when I was sick, so BBD Christmas Garden is waiting to be started and I MIGHT do Baby It's Cold Outside by Heartstring Samplery... decisions, decisions... So many projects calling us! Hugs!

Lesley said...

What about the new Lizzie Kate Christmas one you emailed me, you're going to do that one too right?

Lorrie said...

Great job! I can't believe how fast you complete your projects. Seeing CHRH makes me want to pull mine out again - I think I'm stitching in the 2nd square.

Beth in IL said...

Congrats on your finish! Good job.

Margaret said...

My oh my - you have been busy. I am inspired and impressed!

Penny said...

You did a great job on the box! Love your new projects too! :)

SoCal Debbie said...

Congrats on finishing your new project already! All the Christmas designs on your list are great!

Cyndi said...

Love your 2013 picks. I know you, you will finish all of them plus more. Thanks for the scissors, they will come in handy.
Cyndi

Faith... said...

Love Casting A Spell - can't wait to see it all put together!