Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Where Did January Go?

January has flown by and I only had one finish.
Feels like the pressure is off since I'm not doing the Crazy January Challenge this year.
Here's what I've been stitching on--
 

L'Atelier Perdu
Patches of Life sampler
Part 3 is finished!
For some reason this year I am unable to put down certain projects.  No rhyme or reason as to which one catches my attention.
 
I had to show you this-


It is Betsy Morgan's Toy Chest Etui.  One of the ladies in my sampler guild finished it and gave it to another member for her birthday!  Can you believe it?   Wow, I want a friend like that!


Here is another show and tell at sampler guild.  Please excuse the bad pic.  It is Lavender and Lace Mother's Tree (mostly over one).  And the top two last names are stitched with hair! Click on it for a close-up.
 
 
Success again in my Find-That-Project hunt-I have a promise to get Carolyn Standing-Webb's Hannah's House!  It should be here in the next 2 weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
 
And I heard somewhere that Shining Needle Society is going to have another Patrick's Woods Spotted Hare Needlebook class sometime in 2013???  Has anyone heard anything about this?
 
Oh, and there is another project I would like to find --
It is Thistle Threads Sailor's Blessing Etui  (Tricia Nguyen)
It has slipped through my fingers twice and I hope the third time is the charm!
 
Now, the BIG news...
At little Amber's first birthday party last Saturday, her parents sprang a big surprise on all of us...
Amber is going to be a big sister!
It looks like the new bundle of joy will be here in August.
That makes grandchild #3--we couldn't be happier!


13 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Your Patches of Life sampler is lovely. Mother's Tree is amazing! Good luck finding your Etui!

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching and congratulations!

Margaret said...

Congratulations on the future grandchild! Love your stitching. Beautiful pieces from your guild as well.

Thoeria said...

Patches of Life is looking lovely! And congrats on the grand baby news :)

Annie said...

Love the sampler progress-so neat and beautiful:)

I know Sherri will have a second run at Shining Needle this year if all goes as planned. I signed up last time but did not make it to the class due to limited attendants quote. And I got message then that there will be a second class, so stay tuned on this event:)

Big congrats to the wonderful news too, what a great way to start the year!

Hugs from
Anette & Skruttan

Siobhán said...

Oh, so nice to hear that Amber will have a new sibling! Congratulations.

Lovely stitching! I can't believe somebody gave that etui away. Tell them I'd love to be their friend, too! ;)

cucki said...

wow very pretty stitching and a huge congratulations x

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the wonderful news, and great going on the sampler.

Ariadne said...

I loved the tree!And congrats for your third granchild due!AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

Hooray for grandchild #3! Your sampler looks lovely. Wow! That would make a very stunning gift for sure! What a good friend.

Lorrie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on the news you will be a grandmother for a third time. How exciting! Your Patches of Life Sampler is amazing. Wow! How cool would it be to receive the Toy Chest Etui as a gift. I'm in awe!

Nicola said...

Congratulations, what wonderful news.

I would love to acquire the chart for the Toy Chest let alone receive one finished as a gift. What a generous stitcher.

Brigitte said...

I'm totally and completely in awe of all the great stitching you showed in your last posts. So many wonderful new projects started, and a couple of new charts that look so promising. I think this stitching year will be far from boredom for you, lol.
Congrats on the wonderful family news.