Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 Stitching Goals

Typically when a new year rolls around I make a list of stitching goals.  The only way they are organized is large projects and small projects.  Then 3 or 4 times during the year I refer back to that list.
 
As you can imagine the end of the year finish list looks very, very different from the new year goal list.
 
This year I decided to try something new--make a list of categories of projects and finish one project in each category.  Categories can be by designer or type.
 
2015 Project Goals List
 
 
Needlepoint-Terry Dryden's Tropical Jazz (class WIP)


Gay Ann Rogers-Hollyhock House (WIP)
 
 
Crabapple Hill-Mason Jar Wallhanging (WIP)
 
 
Guila Punti Antichi-Windmill Box (new start)
 

 Pincushion Doll & Trunk-Elizabeth by GPA (new start)
 
 
Renaissance Designs-#10 in Christmas series (new start)


Barbara Jackson-Sweetheart of Mine (class-new start)
 
 
Quilt-Wooly Good Year (BOM-WIP)
 
 
SAL-15 sided biscornu with local EGA chapter (new start)
 
 
WIP Catherine Theron's No Place Like Home needlebook (class-WIP)
 
 
BAP-Plum Street Samplers The Flood (new start)


Wool-Heart to Hand Sewing Room (new start)
 
 
Embroidery-CAH Gardener's Alphabet quilt (BOM-WIP)
 
 
Class project-Patricks Woods Button Brag Book (class-WIP)
 
 
Sampler-Rosewood Manor Cornwall Sampler (WIP)
 
 
Smalls-Jeannette Douglas My Stitching Treasures (new start)
 
 
Primitive Quilts Magazine-Farmers Tote (wool & flannel) (new start)
 
 
Etui & Smalls-Carolina Designs Miss Hannah's House (WIP)


Painted canvas-Floating Bird (new start)


Misc as time allows-Strawberries by Historic Needlework Guild (Barbara Jackson) (new starts)
 
This is 20+ projects.  Definitely doable. 
Unfortunately so far in 2015  I have not touched any of these designs.  So keeping my mind on this list is a challenge in and of itself  :)

Have a Great Weekend!
 

15 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness, i don't know how even half would be doable in one year. Your fingers must have wings!

Emma/Itzy said...

Brilliant list!

Barb said...

A very ambitious list! Lots of super projects!

Lisa V said...

Good luck, I hope you get round to some of them. I particularly like the No Place Like Home needlebook one.

Marilyn said...

Wow, these are all great projects.
Marilyn

Andrea said...

Wow that is some list. Looking forward to seeing your progress on them.

llknbillburg said...

OMGosh! Your list is as long as mine! We'll have to cheer each other on and see if we can't make it happen! Laura

Maggee said...

Twenty is a do-able number of cross stitch projects--not so sure about the many varieties of projects you have in mind. But then again, you are a very determined person, and you succeed in your goals! Best of luck in 2015!

Cathy B said...

I have some of those projects and would like to work on them too! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Will be cheering for you!

Ann said...

Love every one of these projects and will be cheering you on!

Beth in IL said...

Quite an ambitious list if you ask me! Look forward to seeing your progress.

D1-D2 said...

You have a lot of designs on your list I was tempted to get. I hope you get the chance to stitch on them. I would especially love to see the Pincushion Doll & Trunk.

Anonymous said...

tell me about it, I've been behaving since the year began but might be on the verge of joining a new club with Dyeing To Stitch.. what can we do?
lovely list, I have JD's Stitching Treasures somewhere in my stash.
have fun, chiara

Giovanna said...

Wonderfully ambitious plans - enjoy all the lovely new and old projects!

Jan said...

Wow!! what a list you've made for 2015. The are at least 7 on your list that I'd be interested in myself, so I'm gonna be sure and keep an eye on your updates throughout the year.