Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Goode Huswife With My Needle

Here's the latest on my bedtime stitching project-Goode Huswife's With My Needle. It is coming along nicely--the top section is finished. I did do some color substitutions with GAST overdyes for DMC. And I used some colors from the dress in the top row to brighten it up a bit .

One little problem-the fabric piece I used was too short. :( The green beneath her shoes will be the lowest part of the project. There is supposed to be a line matching the top row (above the words) beneath the green. I'm trying to count my blessings because it could be much worse!

Otherwise I spent the Easter weekend stitching on my Prairie Schooler Alphabet project--it is coming along nicely. Another update on that in a few days!

I am so thrilled by all my new followers-Welcome!

3 comments:

Ranae said...

This GH is looking great. I bought the pattern right away when it was released again.
I have had some of my patterns too short on one side too. I double check then double check before I start, drives me crazy, lol

natalie said...

You got lucky! You will never be able to tell unless you know the pattern. I love all the swirlies in that one. It looks great!

Deb said...

It looks great! I've had problems with my fabric size a couple times too. Even though I thought I counted right, no such luck, but I'm glad that you can salvage yours.