After borrowing and using a wonderful Dazor floor light/magnifier at my stitching weekend, I fell in love! So I bought one yesterday.
Then last night I took Berlin Woolwork Sampler fabric off my scroll rods and put Paradise Lost fabric on it. (BSS has been ignored so long, it has stopped calling to me.)
I even put the first few stitches into Paradise Lost. It was only about 20 stitches. But I still don't like scroll rods, the tension is just too loose for me. AND I noticed that the original was stitched on 36ct fabric with 1 thread over 2. So, I don't think I have enough silk to use 2 strands over 2 on my 32 ct fabric.
After much more consideration, I have decided to wait for my Dazor to arrive and I am going to switch fabrics to 36 ct. Yes, the Dazor has a 5X magnifier and the smaller count fabric shouldn't be a problem for me to see. The size of the fabric will decrease to 23" X 10.5" (plus margins). And I can switch to 1 thread over 2. I think I have a plan!!
Two new ornaments and more random thoughts
7 hours ago