Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Genny Morrow's 9 Patch Sampler

Nine Patch Sampler
Genny Morrow
18ct ecru mono canvas
DMC floss and #5 perle cotton

As promised, here is a photo of my finished Genny Morrow's 9 Patch Sampler. I used a combination of DMC floss and #5 perle cotton. The perle cotton didn't cover the canvas to my satisfaction on straight stitches, so I used floss .

I changed the "look" of the piece from solids and calicos (as called for in the instructions) to more of an Amish-look using only solid designs. I also changed the 4 corner blocks in 2 ways-1)they were supposed to be solid color navy blue and 2) they were supposed to be a variation of log cabin. I like my "Ohio star" better. :) Can you make out my initials and date on the bottom row?

P>S>For those of you interested, I have this pattern for sale on ebay right now-click here.

1 comment:

Blu said...

Lovely finish. At first glance I thought it was an actual quilt!