Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Two Finishes and an Update

Here is the latest-Blackbird Designs Buttons & Pins. This is the last of the little pincushions in my stitching pile. I used the called for threads, but did change the flower pot just a little. The instructions called for a chain stitched upper half. I decided to just cross stitch it and leave the chain stitch for the handles. I liked using a few different stitches in this project. There was also buttonhole stitch and satin stitch. The instructions said to "whimsically stitch" I just love that!

Here is Kelly Clark's angel ornament finished. This is the one I (and my grandson) were working on at the stitching day at my DD's home. I used metallic threads (gold DMC and silver Snow) in an open style stitch for the wings and white Snow for the open weave stitch of the background. Then red Snow for the outer border. I know--it was a Snow-kind of project. :) Plus I used many colors of Vineyard Silk. This was the last of this year's ornaments that I needed to finish. I couldn't share all of them here though. :) So I moved on to stitching --

I started with the house and moved horizontally to the border, then finished the border. I was afraid that I might have made the same mistake that I did on another project earlier this year. Do you remember that I cut the fabric too small for Goode Huswife's With My Needle? I had to leave off the bottom border. But it looks like that won't be a problem on this one. Whew! AND the border matched up perfectly :) Does anybody recognize this project ???

To be honest, I was looking for a project that I thought could be completed before the end of 2010. Snowflake Girl is still in my floorstand and I still don't have the prework done on her. And my Prairie Schooler ABC will be next year before that is done.


6 comments:

Ranae said...

Hi! I love the BBD finish and the angel is too cute. The WIP looks great.
Could you please email me your addy I drawed your name for the Happy Camper pattern. The email link won't work when I am not on AOL for some strange reason.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love all of your finishes and your WIP's...they are really great.

I am so glad that you had a good time at your daughter's house...that was so nice to have a stitchy day for all of you.

Take care & Happy Stitching
Hugs :) from Cool Northern Indiana
Linda K, Railroad

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes! Is that WIP This is The Day? It is looking really pretty. Your stitchy day sounds wonderful! Nancy D. Hedghogmom@aol.com

Blu said...

Lovely finishes! The angel is adorable.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes (love the BBD in particular!), and the WIP is just stunning.

Natalia said...

Great finishes ! I love your BBD, their pins and needles designs are so cute. The angel looks great too !