Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
I think my daughter is shocked---in a good way, of course. :)
Here is the latest on the Hands to Work This is the Day sampler. I have really been loving this design. I think Edgar was the inspiration for me to try this one. He was stitching on it last year (I think) His sampler turned out gorgeous!
There is some over 1 stitching in the box on the middle left. I have been leaving it to last, but I think it is time to get started on it. Also, the top box of alphabet and the bottom row of numbers are supposed to be filled in with WDW Conch. But I am still debating if I want to do that??
One more update-this is my newest knitting project. It is a sweater for my grandson. It is a variation of the Baby Surprise sweater by Elizabeth Zimmerman. My beginning knitting skills are being taxed! It is still a struggle for me to tell front & backs of this garment, to do double increases or double decreases, to repair problems like dropped stitches, & to understand all the knitting lingo! But I am soldiering on. I think I'll go back and try a pair of simple socks after this one :)
Thanks again for all your kind comments and interest in this little part of the Pacific northwest. Yes, it is raining today :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
If you haven't signed up for my giveaway, don't forget to go to this post to do it!
Monday, October 18, 2010
You can get a maximum of 3 entries for this giveaway-
1. Be or become a follower-see right-hand column.
2. Post about this giveaway on your blog if you have one.
3. Leave a comment on this post only and let me know how many entries you qualify for.
Be sure to leave an email address on your comment if you don't have one on your blog profile! I will leave this giveaway open until Oct 28th. And the winner will be announced on Oct 29th. Good luck to all!
Friday, October 15, 2010
This is my 99th post--I can't believe I have so much to share and all you wonderful followers who keep me encouraged and stitching! I know there are some lurkers out there too. Hi Cynthia and Lori! I will be putting together a giveaway this weekend to celebrate my 100th post. Not sure what will be in it yet, but check back on Monday!
Have a great stitchy weekend!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
1. I like the yarn I picked.
2. I like the length of the sole-I did the proper measuring and it came out just right.
3. The heel is good (but I must confess that my teacher helped me every step of the way).
Now, let me tell you what I don't like about this sock-
1. It is too big everywhere else-around the instep & around the leg.
2. I don't like the little turn-down cuff.
3. I don't like the length of the leg. It is too short to be a knee sock and too long to be an anklet sock.
4. Because it is too big and the length of the leg is awkward, of course, it sags.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Thanks, Elegant Stitch!