Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Finish & Preparing for 2012




 Yeah! Timeless Tomato is finished!  I managed to fit in my initials in one of the designs. Next this goes to my finisher, Kathy.
She finished this one that I saw at the Goldbar retreat. Isn't it beautiful?


 I gave in and signed up for the 2012 Crazy January Challenge.  I learned some lessons from participating in the 2011 Crazy January Challenge.  Like don't choose more than 15 projects (the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge would not work for me) and be careful how many large projects to include.

So here is my 2012 CJC line-up (please forgive the crappy photos-it was a struggle)-


1) Renaissance Designs
Six Patchwork Stars Shimmering


2) Tree of Life Samplings
Penny America


3) Sheepish Designs
Alpha Bird, Alpha Menagerie and Alpha Sheep


4) Blackbird Designs
Prairie House Sewing Case


5) With Thy Needle
Miss Trenners Needlework Academy


6) Goode Huswife
June Morning



7) Little House Needleworks
Liberty Belles


8) Little House Needleworks
He Is Risen


9) Heart in Hand
Grateful Hearts


10) Blackbird Designs
Waiting for the Harvest


11) Blackbird Designs
Peacock Pinkeep


12) L'Atelier Perdu
My Christmas Stocking 2012-The Magic


13) Sewing Chest Designs
Porcelain Pincushion Doll


14) L'Atelier Perdu
Smell the Flowers


15) Brightneedle
Pretty in Pink

Did you notice that I am not quite over my pincushion fetish yet?  :)
Some of the projects chosen this year were passed over last year, so they are getting a second chance.

Also for 2012, I have signed up for Kimono Revisited with the Shining Needle Society. 

And I am doing Holiday Patches by Susan Kerndt with my local ANG guild.  See below-


Even though I've already stitched this mini sampler (Florentine Holiday) by Susan Kerndt-

Do you think I'm overdoing things for 2012?  :)


I will do another post to look back at my stitching in 2011. 

Have a Happy New Year!

17 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Your tomato is cute. So much work went in to it and you did a fantastic job.
My goodness...I could NEVER finish that many pieces in two years, let alone one! But then again I'm not a very fast stitcher. You go girl!!

Chris said...

Your finish is wonderful. I love all the pieces that you have chosen for your 2012 challenge. I really like the ANG Christmas piece. I wish our guild would do something like this :)

Jules said...

You can never have too much to do in a year! Well, maybe...lol. That Holiday Patches is gorgeous!!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your tomato is going to look fabulous all finished up. Love the projects you've chosen for 2012.

mdgtjulie said...

My fave of them all is Holiday Patches. It's so pretty. Good luck with all your crazies!!

Deb said...

Your tomato is fantastic. You're making me want to needlepoint again (and I hadn't planned adding anything needlepoint to the line up for 2012. May have to rethink that.

Love your line up - there are a few in there that have been lurking in my stash pile. And I love the ANG Christmas piece. It's going to be fantastic finished.

Devon said...

Your tomato is beautiful,,,and what awesome projects you will be doing in 2012,,good luck and Happy New Year,,

Gabi said...

Wow there must have been gone quite some time into that tomato. It looks fantastic though. Can't wait until it comes back finished.
All your upcoming projects are lovely and I am looking forward to see them growing.
Wishing you a Happy New Year

Veronica said...

Your tomato is gonna be so pretty. Kathy's finish is amazing. I really enjoyed going through your list of projects for 2012. I'll be here cheering you on :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Christine said...

Ooh, nice choices! Your tomato is going to be amazing and I absolutely love that Christmas bargello panel

Siobhán said...

Oooh, I love your list of projects to do! I can't wait to watch your progress. Your tomato stitching looks wonderful, too--I'll enjoy seeing it in finished form!

Carol said...

Wow--that tomato looks like a lot of work, Teresa! Can't wait to see your finished one back from Kathy...

You've picked some lovely charts to stitch in 2012. Penny America is one I hope to stitch next year as well...

Wishing you and your family a lovely new year!

Gillie said...

Nooooo! I knew I shouldn't have looked! I love your choices!

Beth in IL said...

Glad you are joining the CJC 2012 as YOU are the reason I joined. Your pieces are lovely but I especially like the Holiday Patches.

Katherine said...

Your blog header picture is SO pretty! And your prodigious list for 2012 is very ambitious. Good Luck and happy new year.

Tatkis said...

What a beautiful Tomato finish!
And your plans are so great - wish they all come true!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Phyllis said...

I just found your blog and became a follower. I love your cute tomato cushion. I noticed you have the three Sheepish Designs Alpha charts. If you decide to sell them when you finish stitching them, please let me know.
Phyllis