Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Stitching Retreat Part 2

I hope everyone had a wonderful day of Giving Thanks!  I did.  Lots of turkey and football, but dinner conversation was about what we are grateful for.


Here is our Trash to Treasure room.  It had been thoroughly picked over when I got this photo.  Everything that was brought was donated to the guild.  Then we could take from the room and give a donation to the guild for what we took.  Anything we brought that wasn't taken by someone had to be taken home.
 I brought home very little.

Here is what I got from the trash to treasure room.


Here is the goodie bag each person got. We were given a little wool applique project "A White Glove Envelope"  I didn't get mine done.



Ann from Gloriana Threads came on Friday afternoon and set up several tables of her beautiful silks.  Here is what I bought.  I have not used her silks before but am looking forward to it. They are lovely and I tried to catch the sheen of the thread in this photo.


A Longaberger basket party was held on Saturday afternoon. 


Our Longaberger rep is one of the members of our guild. She brought some Cash N Carry items and I bought the acorn shaped basket above.


A big surprise to me as a first-time attender was these little "gold bars"  Each time a project was finished at the retreat a gold bar was earned.  Lucky me, I took all small projects to work on and boy, was that the right thing to do!!  I ended up with 4 of these little bits of deliciousness.  My husband was the lucky recipient of these.  Why are there only 2 in the picture?  Well, 2 were gone before I could snap the photo  :)


Here was finish #1.  The Istitch mystery bonus pincushion pattern.


Here is finish #2.  Holiday Spirit ornament by Samplerbird Stitchery Stitched with Crescent Colours Cupid thread.  Love the overdye look to this piece. It still needs some beads.


Here is finish #3. The scissor fob in my Tiny Pumpkin Etui by Praiseworthy Stitches.  This is also a progress picture on this design.  The octagon will be a needlebook and the pyn piece will be a pincushion eventually (with more pieces added to it) .

Finish #4 I can't share because it is a surprise gift.

The rest of my photos are items in show and tell that were shared by guild members.


This is Debbie Stiehler's Timeless Tomato.  Yes, the one I started earlier this year.  It has taken a place of prominence in my 2012 list of items to be finished!


This purse was a prize winner at ANG National Seminar (not sure what year).  Gorgeous work with Splendor silks.  Included the Purdue ornament because my husband was raised in Purdue country.


Barbara Jackson's Cherry Tree Cottage


Rosewood Manor


Margaret Bendig's Plum Blossom Kimono in the center and some of her smaller kimono's are surrounding it.  Yes, this is also in my WIP basket.


Mystery Retreat project


Laura Perin's One Long Panel with custom-designed side panels


Susan Kerndt's Holiday Patches (I admit to ordering this design with my ANG guild and will have it in January :)

Next year is the 20th anniversary of this stitching retreat.  I'll be there!!

8 comments:

Birdie said...

WOW those pictures are lovely. The Gold Bars look yummy.Susan Kerndt's Holiday Patches is AMAZING!!!! I hope you share your progress with us when you start it.

Thank you again for sharing your retreat with us.

Hugs
-missy-

Blu Stitcher said...

Everything is so beautiful.

Linda

Jules said...

So many pretty things! I really like the Holiday Patches piece. I may have to search for it!

Thanks for sharing!

mdgtjulie said...

It looks like a good time was had by all. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving too!!

Siobhán said...

Wow, it looks like you had an amazing time! Fabulous work by everybody. I think the cottage piece is my favorite.

Tricia T said...

What fun you must have had! Your stitching looks lovely. : )

Lesley said...

I love the colors in the Mystery Retreat project. And I would like to try the Istitch mystery bonus pincushion please :)

Veronica said...

Wow! What gorgeous projects. And lovely silks. Can't wait to see what you stitch with them.

Hugs,
Veronica.