Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Finish-Finish, New Stash & CJC Update

Yippee!  My finishing mood lastest long enough to get these two all beaded, backstitched and finished!


Just Nan Glow Tin and Humbug
It called for a dark green corded braid, but I like the white better. And this is my first ever humbug finish. I'm not counting this as a 2012 finish since the stitching was finished as part of the 2011 Crazy January Challenge.

I have also done some stash enhancing-


Northwest Sampler Guild Huswif-really lovely!
Stacey Nash-Country Sampler Love Pinkeep & Heart
Lizzie Kate-Winter Fob
Shakespeare's Peddler-Patience Pincushion

 


I also have given in to the lovely Winder's Keepers by Amy Mitten-greatly influenced by other bloggers (I won't name any names-you know who you are!)  I chose the Vierlande and hope to get started today. 

 


And here is Susan Kerndt's Holiday Patches.  I have it on the stretcher bars and the pattern drawn on.  We have a guild meeting on Tuesday where we will have a demonstration on how to attach the fabric pieces using iron-on interfacing and felt padding.  A new technique I have never done. The fabric at the bottom of the picture is the one I have chose to use. Looking forward to getting going on this one!

 


My annual spring Pacific Ocean retreat has been cancelled this year due to the regional EGA seminar in June (The lady who organizes the retreat is heading up the seminar this year).  So I signed up for two Betsy Morgan workshops in Spokane in May.  This is the prework to one of the classes.  Hope to get this one started today also.

 


Last, but certainly not least, here is an update on Tree of Life Samplings Penny America.

My second blogoversary is coming up next week!  Stay tuned for a celebration giveaway!

12 comments:

lesli said...

Beautiful finishes! The beading is so lovely!
Jealous of your new stash items! I've cut msyelf off until I get more done! :)

Congrats on your upcoming blogoversary!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Great new stash haul, enjoy! Congrats on your lovely finishes... beautiful.

Deborah said...

Beautiful finishes! Great stash.

Linda said...

Wow Teresa. Everything is great.

Linda

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow Teresa.....you got some great stash...isn't it fun to get stash....LOL....I love your stitching...it sure is beautiful and your finishes...wow....you sure do beautiful stitching and beautiful finishes....

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching, and lovely stash! Have a great weekend.

Donna said...

OH MY!

Beautiful finishes and terrific stash enhancement, too!

Someone who is as crazy as I am...

Carol said...

New stash! New finishes! Everything looks great, Teresa. And I so love your Penny America WIP--I bought that last year, too, but would really like to stitch it for the summer...

Myra said...

Wonderful finish! Your box looks great! Enjoy your new stash.

Lorrie said...

Beautiful finish! I too signed up for Amy Mitten project and right now am wondering what I was thinking. Looks like some nice projects added to your stash. Still surprised you can get so much done with the new granddaughter to spoil!

Beth in IL said...

You are going to be very busy. great finishes! Look forward to seeing your progress.

Veronica said...

Gorgeous finish-finish. I think the white corded braid works great. Wonderful new stash. Penny America is going beautifully.

Hugs,
Veronica.