Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Catch Up

I have been sick.  Yes, the old winter crud.  And a cough that lingers on and on.  But I will not complain as we are not getting all this winter snow and cold. 45 degrees today and no snow, wind or rain.
All my year-end posts have been put-off, but I'm ready to catch you up on the doings At Willow Tree Pond :)
 
 I had one more large WIP that I wanted to finish in 2013.  I just couldn't face looking at it in 2014.  So here it is-
 
 

Prairie Schooler Alphabet
Ecru Congress cloth 
My conversion to overdye threads 
 
 I was going thru so much GAST Dark Chocolate that I decided to use DMC 3371 early on for all the block outlining. The final stitches were put in yesterday, so this is technically my first 2014 finish.  I put 2013 in the stitcher's hoop on letter X months ago and I am going to leave it.  This one will probably need a custom frame and I will ask DH to work his magic.





Here is my Christmas tree today.  The train is already down and the presents are long gone. Notice the Gay Ann Rogers tree top angel on the top. And the Longaberger Christmas baskets around the bottom.
The red package garland is from my mom's tree as I was growing up. She had 3 strands and neither of my sister's wanted them.  Then I was so lucky to find 2 more strands on ebay after over 2 years of looking for it.


I was very happy with the way it looked this year.  It has 4 new stitched ornaments from exchanges this year, plus 2 that I stitched myself. 


Here is the piano top.



Here is the mantel with the Hallmark houses for Sarah Plain and Tall on top and my 7 finished Renaissance Designs 13 Days of Christmas. Yes, number 8 is on the plate for 2014.

I also put up an old American Girl Christmas tree in the kitchen with mini ornaments including an old Peanuts nativity.  It is already put away for the year, but I left the tree up until next weekend because I'll be hosting DD#2's baby shower. Then the tree will be put away.



Santa was very good to me.  Here is the Accuquilt Go Baby I got along with 7 dies. There is a funny backstory. DD#1 signed me up on the Accuquilt Facebook page last summer for some giveaways they were doing.  I didn't win anything, but they got my email address and eventually sent me a 20% off coupon from their website.  So on Black Friday I was able to put it to good use :)
I also got 2 $50 gift certificates to my LQS. Woo Hoo!
 
I also gifted my 3 daughters with something from my Christmas stitching. 
DD#1 took this-
Christmas in My Heart-All Throught the Night-Bonnie Sullivan
 
DD#2 took this-

Jardin Prive Christmas Sampler (can't remember the exact name)
 
DD#3 took this-
 
Susan Kerndt's Florentine Holiday
 


 
This is my New Year's Day start for 2014. 


This is just one of several Barbara Ana designs I purchased for stash enchancement.  Speaking of stash enhancement, remember this-

 
I ordered the kit from a shop in Colorado-(this is a link but it doesn't like to show on my blog) A friend started assembling the pieces last year for this project.  I was constantly amazed at the lengths she had to go to for the threads, fabric, etc.  Not to mention the expense.
(I'm also following Mary Corbet's NeedleNThread blog since she wrote about this six months ago and I didn't see it )
 
I hope you made it to the end of this long post. There is a lot more to cover in my next post.  I want to do a 2013 year in review and 2014 goals.  And give you an update on my new business.
 
Stay warm and have a great weekend! 

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Your home looks so lovely! So does ABC. Fantastic gifts to your daughters. I love Barbara Ana. That little house is great!

Kay said...

How cool that your girls are taking some of your finishes! Mine are SLOWLY starting to take an interest in what I've completed. Little do they know that it will all be their responsibility some day, haha! On a side note, would you be interested in selling your PS alphabet charts? I have half-heartedly been collecting them (can't remember which ones I have), but seeing yours completed is really inspiring! Hope you start feeling better soon!

lynda said...

Your Prairie Schooler piece is gorgeous! Did you stitch it over one or two? I would love to attempt that one day, maybe by the time I can collect all the charts I will feel up to the challenge!

Ranae said...

Beautiful everything
Congrats on the big PS finish
Happy 2014!!

Robin said...

Oh my, where to start. Lovely finishes, not sure which like best but it might be the Christmas sampler. Love the little present garland, brings back the memories of my mom using the same garland. Got to love eBay. Your tree and all your ornaments are great. And thanks for the link for the country home kits. I feel in love with the pattern and bought the book last year....I might be buying the fabrics kit ($75) but I can't decide. It's a great price but do I need to add it to all the other things I have in my stash that I may never get to??? Happy stitching.

Robin said...

OMGosh, the best was the Prairie Schooler Alphabet!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your PS Alphabet sampler is stunning! Your house is gorgeous and your daughters are lucky!

Annette-California said...

Love your Christmas tree - Beautiful!!! And all your decorating for holidays is stunning. I loved every photo. WOW Amazing huge finish on PS ABC's - Congratulations.
Lovely samplers you stitched for your daughters. Great post and I enjoyed it:)
Happy New Year - love Annette

Chris said...

Wonderful update Teresa! Your PS piece is so gorgeous, what a great conversion to over-dyes. The Christmas decorations are lovely. So many wonderful stitched ornaments and gifts.
Wishing you a wonderful year of stitching in 2014!

Sherry said...

Love the PS alphabet! Your dd's must be thrilled with the gifts.

Krista said...

Pretty holiday decorations. Love the big Prairie Schooler finish!

Melissa said...

Your PS Alphabet is amazing. What a spectacular piece! Congrats on all your wonderful work from last year!

Have fun with stitching the BA design! I really like the one you've chosen!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing the alphabet - it's wonderful! Sorry to read you've been ill, and I hope you're ok now. Happy New Year.

Kevin said...

Just had to congratulate you on your finish of the PS Alphabet again. It truly is magnificent and I love that you converted yours to all overdyed threads. OHHH I'm so tempted to dig mine out and start it this minute. I have to go back and read the rest of your post. I got excited seeing your PS finish again. ;-) Happy New Year!

Penny said...

A lovely post, Teresa! What a fabulous finish on the PS Alphabet!! Loved seeing all of your Christmas decorations. Your daughters are very fortunate to receive such lovely stitched gifts! Cute New Year's start. :)

Maggee said...

You deserve a BIG Congratulations on finishing the PS Alphabet! Wow! It looks great--that will be some frame job! Glad your girls are interested in your stitching. Mine probably have about 3 pieces each... maybe more. My son, not so much... Can't wait till your next post! Hugs!