Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blackbird Designs Moonlit Garden Finish!

Blackbird Designs Moonlit Garden
Lakeside Linens Vintage Pear
WDW threads

Here is today's new finish-for the first time ever I actually ran out of thread! The word heaven is a substitute brown and I am not sure about how it looks. I was using WDW Havana that was ordered online. So I felt pretty sure that my LNS would have a different lot number for the thread and it might not match. So, I pulled out the DMC and came up with this 839 as the closest brown I could find. I looked at my floss conversion chart and it said 869--but that was too red. What do you think?

6 comments:

Ranae said...

Congrats! on a beautiful finish.
I think it looks fine, that's on my laptop monitor though. It's pretty darn close, besides overdyed always looks uneven.

Donna said...

Hard to tell for certain on a monitor, but I think that your substitution is working. How about adding some more stars on either side of "heaven?" That would certainly take the emphasis off the brown.

Deb said...

I blew up your picture and really can't tell that you used a different thread. I would say stick with what you have! And your finish is wonderful!!

Lynn Bourke said...

Lovely stitching - you can't tell a difference in the thread colour...

tglaser said...

I am currently working on I THEE WED by Blackbird Designs -- my flower girl (from 17 yrs ago) is getting married!! However I'm hunting MoonLit Garden; your sampler looks great! Are you willing to sell yours? My local xstitch shops and 123Stitch.com do not have it in stock. THANKS! tglaser
durden.glaser@gmail.com
dogjot.blogspot.com

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Hi Teresa
I have been enjoying your blog for the first time today. Love your choice of projects and this one looks just fine the way it is (I reckon Heaven is a bit 'special' anyhow...) I agree with Donna that if you're not sure about the DMC substitute, a few stars either side would certainly not look out of place.
Keep up your lovely work. Liz