Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Start Winners!

This Contemporary bargello piece was the clear winner of the voting for my new start! To see an absolutely beautiful example of this piece all finished click here

Second place was a tie between Jenny Bean's Halloween sampler and Nancy's Needle Tulips and Fans Quilt-see below. Everyone is yearning for spring-do you think that explains the interest in bright colors for 2 of the 3 winners? I have made an executive decision and will be starting all 3! OK-now you aren't really surprised are you? lol
This project was a surprise winner to me. (Thanks for voting, dear daughter-you were the tie vote. :) For some reason I am always attracted to big projects. Check out my list of WIP's in the right column-they are mostly big! That is fine for at-home projects, but when traveling (in a plane or car) it is nice to have something that will fit in my lap. Jenny Bean should work just great!

I can picture a beautiful pillow from this project! It also fits the bill for an easy stitch when in a group of friendly stitchers! Which will be exactly the case for me when I will be going to a weekend stitching retreat at the end of April.

I am very close to another finish to share with you--hopefully tomorrow!


No comments: