Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Prairie Schooler ABC SAL


I joined two SAL's this year-my first ones ever! This is my progress on the Prairie Schooler ABC SAL. This project is being stitched on Congress cloth using overdye threads. So I have been doing quite a bit of thread color adjusting as I stitch. My goal has been to stitch 2 blocks per month, but the stitching has been so enjoyable that I am ahead of schedule. :) Unfortunately my Mary Wigham has been suffering from lack of attention and she calls to me everyday. Yes, Mary is the other SAL I joined.

I also changed the letter U from Unlock to Umbrella, but the picture only has some minor changes. The letter V got stalled because I am not in love with the picture for Vineyard. It is a large dog with a small house/vineyard in the background. Any ideas for a change on that one?

I am going to move on to letters S and T for March and will revisit V in the future. S is for sewing and T is for time. If you look at the very top of the picture, you will see the clamp to my brand new Needlework System 4 floor stand. More on that in the future!


7 comments:

Deb said...

You're making such wonderful progress on the PS SAL. I'm still stuck on Letter B. But yours is certainly incentive to pick it back up. And I just found your blog and love, love your Lo How a Rose finish. It's wonderful and that frame you chose sets it off perfectly.

teresa said...

Your blog is very nice. I am also working on the ABCs ~ but I am only on the first letter. Yours looke great ~ what fabric are you using?

Teresa / IL

penelope said...

What wonderful work!

Orlythe said...

Came over here from the ABC SAL, and I don't know which is more breathtaking, your stitching or your photography! I'm puzzled by the sequence of letters on your project -- how many rows and columns will you have? Do you plan to do ALL the letters in the alphabet or skip some? Like you I use stretcher bars, and though I'd love to do all the letters on the same panel, it'll be hard to reach to the center. How will you deal with that? Thank you so much for this fabulous inspiration -- you're a terrific stitcher!

Nancy said...

Are you using the same red family throughout or using PS's choice of colors all the time? Nancy in Naperville

Teresa S. said...

For Orlythe-you have a good point! The center has been somewhat difficult to reach. But I am working on the bottom of the center section from the bottom and I am going to flip over the whole caboodle and stitch upside down the top row and top of the middle row. Does that make sense?

Teresa S. said...

For Nancy-I have substituted overdyed cotton threads for almost all the DMC colors. One exception is 3371. If you would like a copy of the threads I have chosen send me your email privately kiddlady at yahoo dot com.